- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- 2 people
- Meal course
- Posted by
- Posted on
- July 24, 2016
Frittata is one of the most delicious ways of serving eggs. It takes almost no time and it is very easy to make. This rustic frittata with figs, cheese and avocado is bright in colors and vibrant in taste. It combines perfectly the salty flavour of eggs and avocado with the mild sweetness of figs. I always use my magic salt (Himalayan pink salt) for the egg mixture. It has a mild and soft taste, with a nice sweet touch.
The ricotta melts into the eggs, giving them an irresistible creamy texture, and the crunchy fig slices boost the silky, luscious and custardy consistency of the frittata.
This rustic frittata goes perfectly with crunchy toasts, which you could additionally serve with butter, fresh avocado or fig marmalade.
What a perfect and nutritious vegetarian, gluten-free dish for breakfast or brunch!
If you like this recipe be sure to Yum It.Yum
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC (350F).
- Melt the butter on a small skillet over medium heat. Prepare a medium sized casserole and spread the melted butter on its bottom and its sides.
- Whisk eggs and ricotta in a medium bowl. Add fresh rosemary and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the casserole. Slice the smoked cheese, avocado and figs into thin, 3mm slices. Spread them uniformly over the egg mixture.
- Bake the frittata for 30-35 minutes until the edges turn golden-brown and become crunchy. Take the frittata out of the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.