Welcome to the second Tastes Like Food periodic summary.
Last month I decided on writing the periodic (monthly?) reports in which I would write a summary about the blog progress. And here it is: a summary from July.
July has been a fairly lazy month when it comes to blogging. Let’s blame it on summer, holidays and traveling. Venturing and exploring new places is, however, so exciting and inspiring, that I got some new ideas for cooking and baking. Even though I failed to do my homework regarding exploring other blogs and connecting with other bloggers, I got my very first non-spam comment! Thank you Karly! 🙂
Despite the overall laziness, July was quite a successful month.
You can find 3 new recipes on TastesLikeFood from July:
You will also notice, that the search works now much better and is much more fun (thanks to the best Software Engineer I know – my Husby! 🙂 ) . You can now search by Meals or Food Groups, and you will also notice some cute foody icons that will guide you through different categories. I hope you enjoy them!
In July Tastes Like Food had:
- 604 visitors (+ 114% compared to June)
- 826 sessions (+ 78% compared to June)
- 579 new users (+108% compared to June)
Since the end of June you can find the Yum button under each of the recipes on Tastes Like Food. I was wondering how many visitors it would bring, since it is so quick and easy to get your recipe Yummed. It literally takes almost no time! And guess what.. It is my number one source of visitors in July! Saying that, it definitely deserved more focus and I intend to write a separate post about it soon.
The top ten sources in July, through which the visitors (thank you all for stopping by!) found Tastes Like Food are:
- Yummly (230 sessions)
- Direct (128 sessions), including clicks from Fridgg
- Foodgawker (127 sessions)
- Foodyub (127 sessions)
- Pinterest (64 sessions)
- Foodporndaily (42 sessions)
- Findingvegan (21 sessions)
- Iphone.Foodgawker.com (18 sessions)
- Healthyaperture (13 sessions)
- Google Organic (11 sessions)
Among the most popular recipes were:
- Paleo Watermelon Smoothie (198 pageviews)
- Rustic Frittata with Fig Cheese and Avocado/ (140 pageviews)
- Classic Chocolate Mousse (96 pageviews)
- Vietnamese Beef Soup Bun Bo Nam Bo (90 pageviews)
- Italian Beef And Cherry Tomato Casserole (82 pagewievs)
A STEP INTO AUGUST
There is still so much to be done and improved regarding the Blog content, quality and promotion. In August I will try to focus on promoting TastesLikeFood on social media. The plan is to:
- set up a TastesLikeFood Facebook account
- add and develope boards on Pinterest
- explore and study more about Yummly