- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- 6 people
- Posted by
- Posted on
- July 11, 2016
This refreshing paleo watermelon smoothie not only has a terrific taste, but also comes to rescue during hot summer days, providing a cool refreshment; it will quench your thirst immediately.
Bonus: coconut sugar turns this smoothie into a real exotic treat. I have added 2 Tbs of coconut sugar into my smoothie, because my watermelon was not too sweet. You can add less or more of coconut sugar, depending on your taste and on how sweet your watermelon is.
A pinch of spicy and fragrant ginger is recommended for everyone spending time in air-conditioned rooms. It is not only healthy, but also has a sharp, spicy taste and a fresh, lemony, pungent aroma that enriches this cooling smoothie. The bitter, sweet and sour taste of lime, and the cooling sensation of mint complete the composition of this watermelon smoothie.
Serving this smoothie in the watermelon’s peal makes it a perfect, decorative party treat that everyone will love!
You can chill it in the fridge, covered with a plastic wrap, for up to 3-4 days.
Hope you’re gonna love this paleo watermelon smoothie as much as we do!
If you like this recipe be sure to Yum It.Yum
- Cut 1/5 of the watermelon, so that you can use the bigger part of the rind as your serving bowl.
- Remove the pulp with a knife or with a scoop carefully, so that you don't cut through the watermelon's rind. Place the pulp in a large plastic bowl and remove all the seeds.
- Add juice from freshly squeezed 1/2 a lime and coconut sugar into the pulp. Blend for around 30 seconds or until completely pureed.
- Grate the ginger and finally chop mint leaves. Add them to the smoothies and stir until combined.
- Taste the smoothie and if necessary, add more coconut sugar.
- Serve immediately or chill in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.